Exploring Aspergia #1
(aka BroadSpectrumRadio.com Shortwave Program #6)
First broadcast on International Shortwave Radio Station WBCQ from Monticello Maine at 8:30 p.m. EST January 28/1 a.m. UTC January 29, 2016 on 5110 khz, and at 7490 khz on Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. CST/10:30 p.m. UTC.
The program is a creation of James M. Branum
1. Where is Aspergia? And why are you exploring it?
2. An introduction to Aspergers and the Autism Spectrum
3. My presuppositions for this show…
4. Part 1 of my journey to diagnosis
- Background music for various elements provided by The Fish Who Saved the Planet –https://thefishwhosavedtheplanet.bandcamp.com/releases
- Music played at the end – Hard Way Home by Brandi Carlile, a good description of what the journey to Aspergia often looks like
- Lots of good thoughts (especially on the key components of Autism Spectrum Disorder/Condition) from Valerie Gaus’s book..
Living Well on the Spectrum: How to Use Your Strengths to Meet the Challenges of Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism