Shalom in OKC
A program from BroadSpectrumRadio.com
Hosted by James M. Branum
August 5, 2016
Aired on Community Talk Radio KTLR 890 AM in Oklahoma City on August 5, 2016 and for future broadcasts on international shortwave and online radio stations around the world.
In this episode:
* Broadcast notes, including information on BSR’s continuation of Friday broadcasts on KTLR as well as the launch of a new original show format for Fridays
* A completely adorable announcement by my 9 year old son inviting listeners to come visit Joy Mennonite Church – www.joymennonite.org
* An introduction to the Shalom in OKC radio show
* Shalom Health with Dr. Rebecca Faulkner and James Branum – Topic – The Undiet approach to healthy eating
* Information on Sunday BSR programming of BSR
* PSA on the importance of the HPV vaccine for boys and girls from the CDC – http://www2c.cdc.gov/podcasts/player.asp?f=8630172
* Closing Notes
Background music used in this program is Creative Commons Licensed from Doctor Turtle and The Fish who saved the planet
More about Shalom in OKC:
Instead of doing an abbreviated version of the program we air on Sundays, 8:30-9 am, we instead are doing a new show on Fridays, focusing on the concept of Shalom, a beautiful word in the Hebrew language which means peace, wholeness, health and harmony.
Some of the segments we will be alternating on Fridays will include…
Shalom Health – a conversation with Rebecca Faulkner, M.D. about healthy living
Shalom Music – songs that help us in our life journeys
Shalom Events – News about events in our community that promote the values of shalom
Shalom spirituality – stories and other features that discuss the role spirituality in making the world a better place, particularly from the perspective of interfaith understanding
Shalom justice -Peace without justice isn’t really peace, it is just pacivity. Shalom is something more and includes the principles of fairness, justice and harmony — hence we will be providing news from movements for social justice including the Black Lives Matter movement, the LGBT rights movement and others. This won’t all be good news of course, but we are going to make an effort to provide positive ideas on ways we can together work for chane.
This of course will be a work in progress but we are hoping that this show might spark some positive change in our community.