Broad Spectrum Radio has proudly been broadcasting an eclectic mix of radio programming on international shortwave stations, local AM & FM stations, and online since 2015.
Almost all of these costs have been covered by myself (James M. Branum, BSR project director and host of many of the programs of BSR) but this is not a sustainable model, so I’m asking for listeners and fans to step up and help make a difference.
Plans for 2018
Contingent on the availability of funds, BSR will be airing on the following schedule:
- Weekly 30 minute – BSR International Magazine Show
- Weekly 30 minute – BSR Radiogram, a digital mode program
- Monthly special programs – airing on Channel 292, Rohrbach, Bavaraia, Germany to the avid shortwave listeners of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Russia
- Online broadcasts of everything aired on OTA radio stations, as well as additional online-only content
The approximate cost for air time and internet costs to keep up this schedule would be $2,000 USD (this varies a bit based on the exchange rate with the European relay station and other variables), or approximately $167 USD per month, so my goal for fundraising is $175 USD per month, to ensure a bit of cushion for unexpected costs as well as to hopefully air additional programming.
How you can help
Important Notice: Donations to BSR are currently NOT tax-deductible under US law.
- By sending us a one-time donation via paypal:
- By participating in our Patreon crowd-sourced fund drive which lets you make small monthly donations to support our work:
- By sending a check to us at:
James M. Branum
Broad Spectrum Radio
504 NE 16th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
(make your check payable in US dollars to “James M. Branum”)
- By sharing the following donation links on social media:www.broadspectrumradio.com/donate and wwww.patreon.com/broadspectrumradio.
- By downloading one of the KG5JST apps for your Android phone or tablet:I’m creating several useful apps for android phones, hopefully of interest to shortwave listeners and other radio hobbyists. These apps will be in two versions: free (which will display small banner ads from the admob network) and paid (sold at a low cost but ad free). Which ever version you choose to download, any funds received from these apps in 2017 will go directly to the purchase of airtime for Broad Spectrum Radio.These apps will all be found on the Google play store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=KG5JSTbut I will also post thumbnails (with download links) below:
Shortwave-Allwave Radio Tools by KG5JST (Free)
Shortwave-Allwave Radio Tools by KG5JST (Paid)
6. By shopping at Powells.com via our affiliate link
It’s super easy, just use this search box to make your purchases from this independent union-affiliated book store: